The Gelskin gel sheet is designed to provide scar control under a compressive garment. It offers a smooth and polished contact surface. The adhesive effect is controlled to avoid pain when gel is removed from the skin. A simple water wash of the gel sheet reactivates its adhesion for several weeks. It help reduce the unwanted effects of scarring and promotes better healing. It softens the skin and facilitates hydratation by creating an occlusive area around your scar and also promotes micro massage to the scar.
GELSKIN & KELOGEL are the same products. Kelogel was 1mm thick only and Gelskin 1 mm and 3mm. If you need 6 mm contact us for special request.
• Never apply on open wound.
• For first use, optimize adherence by prewashing both skin and GELSKIN.
• Wash scar and surrounding skin. Dry with a clean towel. Allow to dry thoroughly.
• Remove the GELSKIN bandage from package.
• Determine the correct size needed to cover the scar. The pad should completely cover and overlap the treatment area by at least 1/2 to 1 in. (1 to 3 cm).
• If necessary, use water soaked scissors and cut the pad to the right size
• Wash pad with soap and water daily. Wipe with a clean towel. Allow to dry thoroughly in the air.
• Apply pad to the scarred area. It will fasten to your skin with the non allergenic adhesive backing
• Never use ointments, creams or any other products under the GELSKIN.
• Wash after eight hours of application.
• In cases of oily skin a more frequent wash of the skin and GELSKIN is needed. It is important to apply daily the GELSKIN or cream. Any different ways of application may reduce the sheets effectiveness.
• Depending on room temperature, perspiring might prevent GELSKIN from staying fixed. Therefore wash both skin and GELSKIN, then dry well and apply back.
• Store GELSKIN into a closed plastic bag. (ex: Zip-lock).
• To undermine the sticky effect, apply non perfumed powder.
• To get back the adhesive aspect, wash in clear water.
• Can lightly turn yellow when exposed to ultraviolet rays.
• Does not contain any latex (fabric).
The first day, apply GELSKIN on your scar for a two (2) to three (3) hours period. Gradually daily increase from one (1) to two (2) hours
until applied twenty(20) hours a day. (Minimum of 8 hours before washing).
• Wash in clear water with a soft, non perfumed antibacterial soap.
• Rinse in clear water. Air dry.
• Wash skin before each application.
Due to perspiring, certain people might react to GELSKIN by developing a mild sweet (rash). If this occurs, discontinue use of gel for 48 hours or until it clears up. After this interruption period, resume application one hour at a time for the first day increase the application time from 2 to 3 hours a day. If any skin reaction appears once more, please consult with your physician or pharmacist. Preferably stop usage in presence of allergy cases.